This post and my next post will be called "Dining Out ".
Recently we were invited to a long awaited dinner. Just my husband, myself and our son, who is a dear friend of our hostess and fellow dog walker. The bond between them, and their Great white Pyrenees. Her Great Pyrenees Buddy is friends with our Luna and Anker.
![]() |
Me with Anker and Luna (tentative) in the background. Fab photo by
|
Our hostess, who loves to
entertain had heard about me from my son, the fellow dog walker. My love of
entertaining sparked her interest. We met, we talked and shared menus. She even
went online to order an issue of Bon Appetit magazine in which I was featured
with 14 pages for my Venetian Halloween. To say she worked very hard in prepping
for this dinner is an understatement. Believe it or not her goal for the
evening was to impress me, soliciting an A+ score for the dinner. I felt like I
was on one of those reality food shows, where I was the judge of honor.
I was overcome with humility.
It was not hard to love what she cooked that evening. She even brought out all
of her recipe books, magazines and notebooks.
Not only did she serve two homemade desserts, but she made a third dessert just for me. I was totally surprised and flattered. She had read an article about me that talked of how I was not a dessert eater but would order a dish of clams on the half shell for dessert whenever we would go out to dinner.
Not only did she serve two homemade desserts, but she made a third dessert just for me. I was totally surprised and flattered. She had read an article about me that talked of how I was not a dessert eater but would order a dish of clams on the half shell for dessert whenever we would go out to dinner.
Here is her incredible and delicious menu:
Before Dinner Appetizers
Eggs Mimosa with Tuna Filling
Mussels on the Half-Shell with Pesto
Crostini with Garlic Pea Puree and Roasted
Asparagus and Sesame Seeds
Second Course:
Sweet Potato Soup with Orange Creme Fraiche
Third Course:
Scallop, Spinach, Almond, and Orange Salad
Fouth Course: Entree
Fillet of Beef with Merlot Sauce
Creamed Spinach with Piped Potatoes Au Gratin
Rosettes
Carrot Puree with Ginger and Orange
Fifth Course: Dessert
Carmalized Raspberry Rice Pudding
Lemon Merilngue Pie
Clams on the half-shell, just for me!
Clams on the half-shell, just for me!
If you would like a recipe
from the menu above, please write me a comment on my blog and I’ll be happy to
send it.
P.S. In case you do not know
where to leave a comment- scroll down to the end of my post under xxoo Sheila, click on comments (it's in smaller type)
As Always,
xxoo Sheila
As Always,
xxoo Sheila

Sheila, Sounds like an amaaaaazzzing dinner! Do you have the recipe for the scallop salad? Wow.
ReplyDelete