Monday

A VEGETARIAN DINNER FOR GUESTS WHO ALSO EAT LOBSTER, SHRIMP AND SQUID




There are always interesting challenges when planning a dinner party.
In this example, I had guests who were vegetarians, but very specifically also ate certain shellfish.
I came up with a menu that is primarily Italian in origin. Trattoria fashion. What could be better than that.
Our hors d’oeuvres were deep fried anchovy stuffed olives with marinated artichoke hearts. Batter-fried sage leaves. A wedge of brie stuffed with pesto and sun-dried tomatoes. 

I like the cocktail hour to be just as interesting as the dinner. Conversations get warmed up and guests get to know one another in a very relaxed ambience. My guests are happy and I am happy.

I can only imagine how fabulous my table would look set with the fabulous  serving pieces, plates and flatware that I recently saw at the NYGIFT show in New York. I plan on presenting a lot of new and creative ideas in table settings soon. For as much as the menu is important, the way in which the food is presented is equally important. This is what makes entertaining so much fun.


Deep fried anchovy-stuffed green olives.


Batter fried sage leaves, garnished with fresh sage leaves.

Journal entry, hors d'oeuvres:





donnahay.com recipe for the deep fried anchovy stuffed olives with marinated artichoke hearts.






My table setting, which is done the day before.

Dinner Menu: First Course-
Pea and Fava Bean Orecchiette
Main Course- Shellfish-Tomato Stew on Soft-Cooked Polenta




Dessert: brought by one of my guests.


My table is set with simple layers of color and materials. Painted silver chargers, yellow and white layered plates, gold-thread trimmed napkins, natural green plant leaves in flower vases.

If you would like the recipe for any of the above, please email me at-  sheila@entertainingaddict.com

Note: Fresh fava beans are available March through September. They can be purchased frozen or canned online at barryfarm.com

Don't forget to leave me a note!

As Always,
xxoo Sheila


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks, I'm excited to get your comment and will respond shortly.