Sunday

ENTERTAINING ADDICT COMES TO GREENWICH

I want to share news about my upcoming appearance and presentation on February 29. at the Garden Education Center of Greenwich, Ct.


The above is not clickable. Please go to gecgreenwich.org if you are in the area and would like to attend.


I will be brief this post because I am nursing one of my typing fingers, since a pot fell on it and I needed stitches. The kitchen can be such a dangerous place.


Oh, and speaking of pots, I have a new favorite copper cleaner "Bartender's Best Friend". It really is.


As I was ironing linen napkins the other day, I thought about how rewarding and satisfying it is to be organized ( granted this gets done when everything is in disorder). To be able to go to a cabinet or closet and see all your table linens organized by formal or casual and by colors is rewarding. And so I recommend as I did in last weeks post about keeping entertaining journals to organize everything you use for entertaining. From linens to candles to platters, chargers,plates, glasswear, vases and napkin rings.


Next week I will add some photos of linens and napkin rings and place settings.


And don't forget the guest book. Like the journals, it's another keepsake for wonderful memories to glance back on from time to time.


Guest book from the 1970's


Guest book from the 1990's


A still life with grappa glasses.
Hope you had guests this weekend.
Till next week, as always,


xxoo Sheila



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks, I'm excited to get your comment and will respond shortly.