Friday

Christmas table decor through New Years Eve




Baxter Claus. My daughter and son-in-law and their schnoodle are visiting for the holidays. Baxter has eaten his cookies and is ready to distribute gifts.


Christmas continues till after New Year's

 The house is so inviting with warm Christmas decorations that it encourages me to keep entertaining again and again. Just a twist here and there changes the stage. With this in mind, I reinvent the table.
Uplifting and sparkling is the theme. Still-lifes, candles and twinkling lights are keepers throughout the holidays. I go through candles in a flash, the more the merrier. It’s romantic, dramatic, flattering, forgiving and festive. It creates a magical setting.


Candy canes for the taking on the kitchen table.

Our guinea hen feathers ( that I gathered ) are nestled inside of glass ornaments to give to friends. I found the empty glass ornaments at a fab source online. www.save-on-crafts.com 


Front hall Christmas decor.

This year's Christmas tree night scene.


Day scene

Gold ornament tree in dining room.


Gifts


This snow covered village scene has been placed in  different rooms over many Christmas's. One year as seen in my previous blog, it became the setting for the dining table.

Cookies for Santa, on a silver tray.

To take advantage of the theme, we set the table for our anniversary dinner (Dec. 20) with simple china and glassware. The hot pink napkins combine well with the variety of reds and pinks on the table. Variety in one color is an enourmous canvas. I kept building on this canvas.The bones of the Christmas table were set in advance.


Table set for Christmas dinner. In addition to the embroidered gold and red runner, giant round gold place mats from my friends Dransfield and Ross. www.dransfieldandross.biz. Red and gold trimmed dinner plates. 

Close up of place setting. Silver Christmas napkin rings.
The first course, yummy clams casino.
Me checking the roast in the upper oven.
Roast Beef, horseradish cream sauce, creamed spinach, and scalloped potatoes.


Christmas decor already layered, is ready for a nibbles buffet, day after Christmas. White rope edged buffet plates, red paisley napkins fit right into the table decor.

Shopping in my closet is fun. I'm always going to find a new way to use something. Set for the buffet, silverware in napkins and stacked plates.


I baked a gingerbread cake and served it with English creme.


Happy New Year to all.
In my next blog post, clams casino.
As always, xxoo Sheila

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks, I'm excited to get your comment and will respond shortly.